Technical Supplier Engineer
Your mission is to ensure that the parts and modules that design teams need – parts with extreme specifications and extremely small tolerances – will be ready and available the moment they start manufacturing.
Unlike most Technical Supplier Engineers, you will be involved at the very start of the design and development process – because our customer need to know months in advance, that the parts performance they seek is not only possible but virtually 100% guaranteed. You will achieve this certainty not only by insisting on the highest of engineering standards from world-leading suppliers but also by understanding the technical limitations, and if necessary you will drive co-design initiatives and encourage engineers on both sides to seek alternative solutions.
It’s a challenging position, but if you enjoy creative problem-solving and motivating others to do the same, then it’s also a highly rewarding job with plenty of pinnacles of satisfaction.
You will be part of the Engineering sector, which is responsible for driving Industrialization into the early design of products until the product is proven fully qualified for volume production with excellent quality by the supplier. Your main duties will include:
- Contributing to the design phase during New Product Introduction (NPI) process, give feedback on supply-chain related design choices, and assure early supplier involvement;
- Ensuring operational excellence at suppliers leading to proven readiness for volume release using structured processes and methods including statistical analysis tools (SPC);
- Ensuring that suppliers adopt and use the state-of-the-art technology to maximize the performance of our customers machines;
- Take responsibility for all supplier-related documentation during the development process;
- Identifying and solving structural problems in depth;
- Handshaking with your volume- supply chain engineer (SCM) at start of volume production.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanics, Precision Mechanics, Mechatronics. Electronics, Chemistry or Physics.
- Five years in high tech environment, preferably with experience in Supply Chain Engineering closely linked to technical product design;
- Trained and experienced with quality systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, preferable in Dutch as well;
- Team player, self-starter with very good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Result driven with excellent coordination skills;
- Likes to work in a challenging and dynamic environment;
A high tech work environment where you will work on the newest technologies. Projects with depth and a lot of challenge. In addition to attractive primary and secondary employment conditions, we invest in your personal development!
- Noord - Brabant