Team Leader Financial Administration
ECCO is a leading company in the footwear industry with the reputation of a global manufacturer of high-quality, comfortable, state-of-the-art footwear. ECCO’s innovative approach, which can be found throughout the value chain, from hide to high street, combined with the aim of being excellent in everything they do, is what makes ECCO stand out as a company. You are offered a role with the possibility to impact and add significant value to ECCO’s challenging growth plans. Adding sincere commitment where diversity and personal development take pride of place demonstrates why more than 20,000 employees around the world prefer ECCO as their employer.
The Financial Administration Is responsible for the process of incoming and outgoing bank payments (cash management) and the handling of employee expense claims. AP has been outsources to HQ ECCO Denmark.
The Team Leader FA:
• ensures the correct execution of the ECCO processes Cash management and Employee expense claims as outlined in SOP’s and manuals.
• provides leadership to a team of approximately three employees and ensures that they are trained and have the tools to enable them to perform their duties properly.
• identifies issues in processes and systems, and initiates process improvements and process harmonization.
• helps out with Finance activities not specific to his role if the Finance Manager / Manager F&C requests this.
The Team leader FA ensures that the following activities are performed by the FA Team in accordance with agreed processes / work instructions:
For 16 ECCO EMEA entities:
• Keeping manuals and SOP’s up to date, make them available for the team and ensure compliance
• Constant management and updating of FA processes
• Processing in- and outgoing bank payments
• Booking incoming payments of buying unions
• Manual VAT /CIT / other taxes payments (provided by 3rd party)
• Support yearend activities (handle auditors requests)
• Manual payments
• Reconciliation employee expense process
• Monthly clearing account credit cards
• Monthly bank clearing accounts
• Monthly reconciliation accounts receivable
• Monthly bank reconciliation
• Monthly performance Reports to manager Finance manager / Manager FC of KPI’s
• Monthly balance sheet specifications
• Monthly WKR report
• Handle other (ad hoc) reports
Outboarding of the following tasks / responsibilities:
• Monthly depreciations
• Monthly Intercompany check / reconciliation intercompany
• Monthly reclass bank balances in debit
• Monthly reclass cash pool in credit
• Allocation of costs (VAT/TAX) in cooperation with FC
• Revaluation foreign currency’s (SAP Module)
• Fixed assets adjustments
• Liaise regularly with other (Finance) teams.
• Liaise regularly with Country Managers and employees of the region.
• Follow up on questions raised by internal and external contacts.
• Arrange team meetings (minimum once a month) with team members to ensure the flow of communication.
• Arrange proper staffing of the team, in cooperation with HR and Finance Manager.
• Regular performance reviews with the direct reports including the mid year/end of year appraisal process
• Help the employees to develop and grow into valued ECCO staff members
• Stimulate the team, the team spirit, and cooperation with others
• Define training requirements at all levels to enhance delivery of new techniques and other skills based on “best practices”.
• The Team leader FA will have regular contact with other Finance teams such as Financial Control and Credit management.
• Report to Finance Manager on all operational and staff issues requiring input/advice or guidance.
• Build strong connections with all departments within remit, as well as senior management team.
MBO+ / HBO level of functioning, preferably finance/administration
• 4-5 years working experience, preferably including managerial experience
• International experience and SAP knowledge preferred
Mobility/Travel; non applicable
• Any other European language is an advantage
• Structuring work
• Customer orientation
• In-depth understanding of accounting
• Flexible (no 9-to-5 mentality)
A challenging and diverse position in an international and informal work environment.
Salary is € 44.000 a year.
- Noord - Holland