System Designer / Architect
This company has facilities in Denmark, the Netherlands, Vietnam, the Philippines, Poland, USA and China, wherefrom the (more than 6000) employees work together across all the locations.
• define and architect the next generation low-power ear solutions; combining Software, Hardware and Packaging requirements;
• determine hardware/software trade-offs for key features and requirements, defining most optimal system implementation;
• specify the hardware and software;
• assess development efforts, cost, risks, benefit, etc for the system to support decision making;
• effectively work with internal teams as well as external partners to develop these subsystems;
• collaborate with tier 1 customers, marketing, design, software and applications teams;
• understands finer details of customer architectures, road-maps, likely evolution of said architectures;
• propose the best technical solutions to improve the fit between Sonion products and our Customer products;
• drive domain expertise;
• contribute to Intellectual Property.
We are looking for a technically skilled System Designer / Architect, a senior professional who has the capability to lead Sonion into new system and functions for in-ear (audio) devices.
• technical education in Physics, Electronics or related field at Master or PhD level;
• 7-10 years of working experience in system design with elements as Sensors, Actuators, DSP’s, Packaging Technologies, Analog and Mixed Signal IC’s, Software/Firmware, and Interface requirements;
• experienced in direct customer cooperation;
• excellent understanding of technical success criteria for products and services;
• experienced in leading projects internally and together with external customers and / or suppliers;
• you are analytical and are skilled with a helicopter view, know how to influence stakeholders and show entrepreneurial spirit;
• good presentation and communication skills in both verbal and written English;
• able to handle larger amount of technical uncertainty;
• equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. We need someone who is social, hands-on, proactive, eager to learn and result driven. You can interact effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds.