Sr. Supplier Quality Development Engineer
In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. The Product Quality department is involved in over 60 suppliers, on top of that sometimes several tiers deep.
Early supplier involvement:
- You participate in development projects in the early design phases to secure the manufacturability of the design and technology availability from suppliers and drive early supplier involvement.
New Product Introduction:
- Next to executing NPI deliverables at the suppliers (e.g. Manufacturing Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Spec agreement,…) you support them with difficult manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and quality improvements). Also assuring within a transfer to the volume supply chain department afterwards.
- You represent the Quality and Technological aspects within a multidisciplinary team that manages and controls the Quality, Logistic, Technology and Cost targets of a supplier. At the supplier you manage and challenge manufacturing processes to be efficient and foolproof by using Six Sigma tools (e.g. MSA, Capability analysis,..). Furthermore, you identify non-conformities through auditing and drive subsequent implementation plans in cooperation with the supplier.
- Bachelor or master degree in mechanics, mechatronics, applied physics or industrial engineering;
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in supply chain at companie(s);
- being able to communicate effectively and decisive throughout different levels within the organization;
- strong negotiation skills for interfacing with internal stakeholders and supply base;
- going the extra mile to deliver high quality;
- a team player; being pro-active, supporting others in accomplishing goals, sharing knowledge;
- experience in High tech, low volume industries and/ or manufacturing is a pre;
- able to combine technical knowledge and supplier management;
- lean 6S experience (e.g. DMAIC, SPC, FMEA, 8D), Six Sigma Green- or Black Belt certification desired.