Senior Finance Manager
Always wanted to work as a Senior Finance Manager, managing all the financial matters for a Financial Services company on the level of Holding, Financing, Real Estate or Intellectual Property purposes? Next to that being responsible for managing, guiding and providing quality assurance to less experienced colleagues in the team, whilst working closely with other specialists in the company such as Legal and Fiscal advisors. You will take seat within a high-end office "vibe" in the heart of the business district (Zuidas) in Amsterdam.
Our Client is an international (privately held) company servicing A-brand clients. With over 4,500 employees working throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific they maximize the global potential of Funds, Portfolio’s and businesses. They provide assistance throughout the incorporation process and the full lifecycle of a company, working with advisors to set up the right type of entity in the right jurisdiction for each client’s requirements. With the drive of consistently delivering solutions with speed and accuracy, allow their clients to stay ahead of the game. Their vision is to be the leading services and solutions provider for their clients, operating as a partnership of equals.
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will manage your client portfolio professionally, being the first point of contact towards clients, client accountants and tax advisors regarding annual accounts and fiscal matters, in close cooperation with (Sr.) Corporate Lawyers and Client Directors.
The portfolio consists of Corporate & Private Clients with the focus on assuring strong governance and oversight to international businesses, large and small, enabling them to operate effectively.
Next to that you will be responsible for managing, guiding and providing quality assurance for less experienced colleagues in the team.
Client portfolio management:
- Administration, bookkeeping, internal and external reporting (and preparation of) tax filing for your client entities including preparation of annual statements;
- Coordination of payments within your client structures;
- Pro-active participation in Board Meetings, i.e. presentation and clarification of annual accounts;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports, including analysis on quarterly variances as well as cash flow and working capital reports;
- Preparation of VAT and CIT filings in collaboration with external advisors, including tax/vat audits;
- Coordination/preparation the audit of annual financial statements for the Dutch companies, including:
- Preparing and reviewing the audit pack for each of the companies;
- Preparing and reviewing the draft financial statements and supporting working papers, for each of the companies, ensuring they are correctly prepared under IFRS/Dutch GAAP;
- Managing the local audit process and resolving audit queries to ensure that audits are completed on time and within budget, with minimal issues or adjustments;
- Ensure that a comprehensive and complete audit file is maintained;
- Setting up the administration of newly incorporated and/or share deals in the accounting system.
Maintaining a high critical attitude towards transaction information and documents to fulfil compliance requirements in particular concerning the AML and anti-terrorist financing legislation. You deliver correct and timely transaction monitoring according to Dutch law and legislation and you report timely and accurate to financial authorities (AFM/DNB).
Building and managing professional business relationships with clients and your network of advisors whilst stay on top of developments within your client’s structure/group, identifying possible commercial opportunities;
Supervising, monitoring and coaching more junior Financial Account Managers
Actively participating in appraisal meetings with Junior and Medior Financials. You will help them to develop professionally growing into the team and organization!
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent;
- at least 5 years' working experience in accounting;
- experienced in preparation of financial statements and drafting of financial administration;
- knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- track record in training/coordinating employees;
- excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- hands-on mentality;
- good planning and coordination ability;
- enthusiastic team player;
- experience within financial services or the trust industry is an advantage.
- Noord - Holland