Our Client is a fast growing online travel agent with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. They have an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites. They are active in over 35 countries and employs around 550 people, 50 million unique vistors and a yearly turnover of more than US$ 1 billion. It is a fast growing start-up type environment where innovators execute thrive. They take great pride in building strong teams & processes, powered by the latest technology from the ground up, ensuring the accomplishment of our long-term objectives. Our client is located in the heart of Amsterdam and has an international focus when it comes to employment.
What do they offer?
• A challenging job in an open, informal but dynamic environment with many opportunities to develop your career.
• Employment conditions are competitive.
• A working location in the centre of Amsterdam near Central Station.
• Visibility of your contribution.
• A working environment that supports initiative and values your ideas.
• Rewarding talent with growth opportunities; taking you from an employee to an expert!
The Opex Controller will provide overall financial management & support to the Organization. The position assists the Sr. Controller to set forecast and deliver a clear picture of the monthly actuals. Supporting the budget owners to better understand and act upon their spending, making sure that all targets are met. Next to that you can initiate projects to improve processes or systems.
• Assist in the financial management of OPEX (operational expenses) & FTE (budget, forecast & actuals).
• Support budget owners and prepare/manage their actual expenses. Act as both an expert and as an advisor.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis on areas of potential risk or opportunities.
• Management reporting.
• Group Consolidation management (HFM I BPC).
• Support cross-functional projects as a finance expert.
• Work with Accounting/AP to improve processes and procedures.
• Initiate new reports where missing.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Economics, Administration or similar.
• 5+ years experience, of which at least 2 in a role focussed on OPEX.
• Good presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with different cultures and across different levels of people.
• Ability to get into the detail while also overseeing the big picture.
• Be pragmatic.
• Knowledge of HFM, smart view, advanced excel and big databases is a pre.
What you can expect!
• Steep learning curve since they’re a leading online company ahead of the curb.
• Covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation/travel insurances.
• A multinational team of specialists to inspire and support you.
• Possibility to follow fun Dutch language courses with your colleagues.
• There’s a good deal of room to be creative and to build your legacy.
• 30.5 days of paid leave, plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures.
• Top floor offices in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station.
• Nice to have perks: Free fruit, company bar & free beer, foosball/table tennis competitions, great company events, good food, and team activities.
• Pension, discount on fitness and a bike purchase plan!