The company has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, the team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
You will report to the Hardware Manager and work closely with your colleagues in the R&D department. You will work within interdisciplinary project teams, guided by an R&D project leader. These include software, electronics, process, and mechanical engineers.
As part of the Hardware R&D team, you will work on concepts and hardware development projects for the company new products. You will also contribute to project planning. In addition, you will be responsible for guiding and training junior colleagues, helping them to develop their engineering skills.
Regular tasks include:
- translating high-level requirements into detailed requirements for new products and sub-systems;
- working within a team to create new products and technologies;
- designing and engineering products for mass production;
- identifying risks and taking appropriate action;
- assessing concept feasibility, calculating costs, analyzing tolerances, and making structural mechanical calculations and simulations;
- planning projects with input from management;
- guiding a team of engineers on a project;
- training junior colleagues.
- bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, or the equivalent;
- five or more years’ work experience as an engineer;
- creative thinking;
- excellent CAD skills;
- the ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and follow-up;
- the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Definitely a plus:
- basic programming and electronics skills (design and make Arduino based test setups and writing Python scripts);
- experience with Solidworks;
- experience with Solidworks PDM.
- competitive salary in line with your experience;
- a contributions to your pension;
- pay for your daily commute;
- 27 days of paid leave per year;
- an open, family atmosphere and fun work environment;
- work in a young and energetic team;
- lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special;
- a convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.