Internal Control Specialist
Our client T-Mobile, part of Deutsche Telekom (DAX Listed), holds an important position in the field of "Quad Play" telecommunications. They connect people by offering the fastest Unlimited network to their customers every single day. With over 2K+ enthusiastic colleagues they ensure that customers can keep in touch with their loved ones and business contacts whilst being up to date with all the content you need. No matter where they are or what it is, it will be there for you! Super-fast and hassle free.
In the beginning of this year our Client have completed its merger with Tele2, a major step for both companies. By joining forces, they created a new strong player in a market that will rapidly develop towards one that is led by combined products in "Quad Play" mode. They will challenge the current duopoly and drive competition. they have made promises to themselves and to the market intended to keep them. This includes an accelerated 5G launch, high speed internet as well as contract freedom for new and existing customers and competitive prices for unlimited mobile internet whilst being able to watch TV and use fixed landlines.
As a result of the merger they are currently building a new organization. The expectations on the new organization are set high and results in a dynamic working environment. To make this job a success you are able to cope with, and thrive in, this rapidly changing and fast-paced environment. You love a challenge and combine a hands-on approach with a strategic mindset.
Within the Functional Finance department, you will be the Internal Control Specialist. Taking responsibility for providing support towards the Internal Control Manager in identifying and reporting on risk management towards internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, following-up on the audit recommendations from the Deutsche Telekom Group Audit (no open audit recommendations outside deadline).
The tasks of the IC Specialist include;
- provides support on maintaining an effective and efficient Internal Control System within TMNL including reporting deadlines;
- coach internal process & control owners to obtain a best in class quality standard in the TMNL internal control environment;
- assisting in reporting to TMNL Management and Supervisory Board on the quality of the internal control environment and status of audits;
- maintaining segregation of duties.
For this position we are looking for someone who has a customer-oriented mindset towards internal and external stakeholders. Next to that, it is important that you like, and are able, to build bridges between stakeholders with different perspectives. Furthermore, someone who is able to present complex or sensitive topics. On top of that, we would like someone who has a team player mentality.
We are looking for someone who has a specialization in accounting / controlling. Finally, bringing in experience with designing, implementing and maintaining an internal control system and a tax compliant framework would be a very big plus.
- Bachelor / Masters’ degree with a specialisation in Accounting/Controlling;
- 4-8 years of working experience;
- excellent communication skills; both Dutch and English;
- negotiation skills;
- monitoring skills to review the effectiveness of internal controls.
With their entrepreneurial mind-set they challenge themselves and the market to connect everyone with the possibilities of todays' future. Daring, responsible and working together; those are the key competencies.
You can expect the following:
- You are responsible for your own development, so you decide how, what and when you develop yourself! They support you with this via our campus; https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/?lang=en
- you are in the lead, so old fashion evaluation and performance interviews is not the way of working. You make sure that your manager and your colleagues know your goals and development requests. they call this "great conversations", you can find more information via; https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/home/great-conversations/?lang=en
- workshops, sportive events, T-Schnee, drinks and amazing parties organized by Young T-Mobile.
- A salary range of 55K - 65K, 10% bonus, 30 vacation days, budget for personal development, laptop/mobile phone.