Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager
Our client Mileway is the largest owner of "last mile" logistics real estate assets in Europe. It has a pan-European footprint, with approximately 1,000 assets (+ 9mln m2) across eight major European economies, acquired by real estate funds managed by Blackstone over the last several years. The portfolio spans urban centers across Europe's core markets. Predominantly the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and France represent over 80% of the portfolio, with a growing presence in the Nordics and Southern Europe. Mileway is headquartered in the Amsterdam business district Zuidas, and has a dedicated team of over 150 employees, with a local presence in each of its markets.
Mileway is a natural evolution of Blackstone's European logistics strategy, which is one of their highest conviction, long-term investment themes. As the largest last mile logistics real estate company in Europe, Mileway will meet growing urbanization and e-commerce-related demand to facilitate faster delivery times and support the growth of small and large businesses.
In the role of Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager at Mileway you will take seat in a fast paced "start-up like" environment whilst backed up by ongoing business set up by Blackstone Real Estate as from 2010. Their current portfolio holds already an astonishing +9mln m2 of logistics real estate assets with an estimated worth of 8bln Eur.
This role is located in the corporate office in Amsterdam overseeing 400+ entities (Funds & Countries) reporting to the Corporate Group Financial Controller, C-level stakeholders and external stakeholders. Due to their relatively young independency and self-reliance, from out Blackstone, you are able to mould and build to create your own state of the art Reporting and Consolidation landscape. Due to this an entrepreneurial, adaptive and strong personality is required in order to keep up with the growing pace.
- Timely reporting, for both internal and external purposes.
- Responsible for the consolidated IFRS financial group accounts including liaising with external auditors.
- Responsible for the group consolidated calendar cycle closing processes in the coordination role towards the Luxembourg Finance Team.
- Ensure quality and sanity control on the group financials and reporting pack.
- Take responsibility for all metadata changes in the Group Chart of Accounts and for continuous maintenance and improvement.
- Maintain excellent relationship with the Country Finance Team in Luxembourg.
- stay on top of the game in order to align the translation of Local GAAP to IFRS accounting standards in close co-operation with the Country Finance Team.
- You are for a large part involved / joint responsible in the process of being ready for any thinkable exit strategy (Sell, IPO et. etc).
- Act as a sparring partner in M&A process purposes.
What do you need to bring?
- Profound experience (minimum of 8 years) in international accounting positions, ideally within corporate service provider, international accounting offices or multinationals.
- You are a professional partner of Finance teams, advisors and other stakeholders.
- Able to coach others, having the ability to bring people to the next level.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS, and the practical business understanding that is necessary to ensure interpretation of IFRS and translation into practice.
- Knowledge of, and experience with complex consolidation within international corporate environments.
- Highly analytical and pragmatic.
- Tech savvy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including fluent written and spoken English.
- Being able to work in a high-paced and international environment.
- Master's degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent.
- Certified Accounting (RA, CPA, ACCA) qualification.
Our client offers:
- The salary indicated for this role is between 90K & 110K yearly based on full-time employment excluding a discretionary bonus, pension compensation. 25 vacation days, breakfast and lunch and travel expenses.