Benson Elliot was founded by Marc Mogull in 2005 to realise a vision for successful real estate investing in a changing market environment. Conceived alongside a group of leading institutional investors, the firm is dedicated to delivering sustainable investment out-performance through market cycles.
Today, Benson Elliot manages funds on behalf of a diverse group of pension funds, private foundations, university endowments and high net worth individuals. The firms total investment capacity is c. €4 billion. All funds are fully discretionary, directed by an experienced and specialised investment team with a highly regarded track record. It has recently completed a record first close on its fifth fund.
The firm targets investments in the middle market (€25 million to €500 million total transaction volume) across Europe, where an ability to marry sophisticated transaction structuring and financing skills with local market knowledge and hands-on asset management experience can deliver superior overall performance.
Benson Elliot is wholly owned by the firm’s founding members, all of whom are engaged full time in the operation of the business and all of whom invest their own capital together with the firm’s clients. In addition to the 5 partners the firm has over 50 employees in its London, Amsterdam and Paris offices.
All investment decisions are taken by the investment principals themselves. Total control of the investment process by the firm’s principals enables Benson Elliot to work more quickly, creatively and discreetly than many other real estate investment or investment advisory firms.
Benson Elliot opened its Amsterdam office in 2007 and has expanded over the years to establish a centre of excellence for the firm in the areas of accounting, reporting, financial administration and operations. The successful candidate will be based in Amsterdam and report to the Director of Finance, who is also based in Amsterdam. The role enables and requires exposure to all levels within the firm. The role provides development opportunities via training on the job, learning by doing and relevant trainings, courses or studies. Growing into a more senior role with more experience in accounting, internal audit and real estate opens the opportunity to take on directorships on projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to have a personal influence and help drive the firm’s success further.
- Prepare annual and semi-annual accounts of the Fund and manage the audit thereof;
- responsible for preparation and review of quarterly consolidation;
- responsible for timely collection and review of reports from investments;
- act as primary contact for local accountants and service providers of the investments;
- participate in a program of internal (financial) audits on fund investments;
- analysing and reviewing of statutory accounts;
- analysing and reviewing of corporate income tax returns;
- work closely with the investment teams for reporting on investments;
- manage the cash flows of the Fund and corporate entities;
- orderly and professional management of all files and documents;
- occasional travel to parts of Europe to meet with key stakeholders.
- Minimum of three to five years relevant work experience within a big four or mid-tear accounting firm;
- exposure to Real Estate, Private Equity or Investment Fund businesses is highly preferable;
- strong accounting and analytical skills as well as experience with consolidation;
- strong organisational and planning skills and experience are required in order to manage multiple projects and information flows in order to meet deadlines;
- good diplomacy and solid communication skills at all levels;
- independent discipline and self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit;
- dutch, English and preferably a third language like German or French;
- computer literate (MS Office) with especially strong knowledge of Excel;
- some exposure to applying different GAAP’s;
- willing to travel in order to ensure that reliable reporting is achieved on time and that any ad-hoc projects are managed efficiently;
- ability to work well with colleagues in London remotely.
- competitive salary
- good bonus
- change to further development