The team currently focuses on serving clients in various online industries who seek to build and maintain a robust corporate and tax structure in the European Union to sustain their online business activities. This position will throw you into the exciting world of the internet and e-commerce businesses. Forget about the formal and boring office jobs. There is nothing boring about this job. This challenge will immerse you in a fun, very informal, young and dynamic environment where you can learn everything about how business is conducted online and about the corporate structures behind the websites. It will take you backstage and teach you how money flows from worldwide consumers, via the interesting world of gateways, to websites and then through the realm of acquiring banks all the way into the commercial accounts of online business owners. You will meet and work with young and talented business minds.
You will join a small, growing and fun team in the heart of Amsterdam (Vijzelstraat). The office eradiate creativeness, entrepreneurship and a approachable atmosphere.
As an Accounting Officer you will support the maintaining of the financials and taxes of your clients and their entire corporate structure in Europe. In this endeavor, you will work closely with external parties throughout Europe and the U.S. and will enjoy the support of the best law firms and tax advisors available.
• Maintaining the financial administration, recording of invoices and the creation of sales invoices for the company structures in Europe;
• Drafting of monthly trial balances for the clients’ corporate structure in Europe;
• Support the drafting of yearly accounts for a large number of companies in cooperation with U.S. and Canadian external parties;
• Work with auditors in several European countries in order to check the boxes for statutory audits;
• Work with corporate service providers in several EU jurisdictions to coordinate and monitor tax payments;
• Support the preparation of VAT filings for a large number of companies and work with local EU corporate service providers to ensure the timely filing of VAT returns;
• Handle ad-hoc requests from Clients and external parties in the U.S.
• Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is an advantage though not a requirement;
• A finished MSc or BSc degree in Accounting or general Finance;
• Minimum of five years of relevant work experience;
• Great communication skills and able to work with people from various countries;
• Skillful with Excel;
• Familiar with accounting software;
• A high-energy and confident personality who gets things done;
• Able to work with high precision;
• Great bookkeeping skills;
• Knowledge of VAT and familiarity with VAT workings and EU-rules.
• Fully paid pension plan;
• 10% bonus;
• 50K gross salary;
• 32 vacation days;